Before you can process a license make sure you are:
- Logged into the Licensing System at https://licensing.tklapp.com/
- Logged into your email client (i.e. gmail, outlook etc…) so that you can receive notifications when new licensing applications are made online via the system.
- Have a valid account on the system with the correct permissions and have been added to the firstname.lastname@example.org group email. You will need to check with the Principal Licensing Officer for this. If you don’t have an account in the licensing system you can sign up for one. You will then need permission from the Principal Licensing Officer to be able to process licenses. Once that is granted then you will be given permissions in the system by an FFA admin that will allow you to process a license in the licensing system.
Step 1: Applicant fills in an online application
Step 2: An Email notification is sent to the licensing email address
Step 3: Open the email and click check application.
This will redirect you to the application in the system. Check the application to make sure it has been filled in correctly.
If Application OK
If everything is in order, click the Edit button to fill in the Officials section. Click Save Changes to complete the Licensing Officers section. Note: The Save Changes button is located at the bottom of the application form.
If Application NOT OK
If there are issues with the application then click Status and set the application to incomplete by clicking on the Yes. Mark as incomplete button in the dialogue box.
A link will be created for the applicant to fill in any missing information. Copy this link and send an email to the applicant with the link + a message explaining what is missing.
Step 4: Licensing Officer fills in their section
Licensing Officer checks application for completeness and then fills in the Licensing Officers section of the application and clicks Save Changes when done. Notify the compliance officer that they need to fill in their section.
Step 5: Compliance Officer fills in their section
Compliance Officer does a vessel compliance check and then fills in their section on the license application and clicks Save Changes when done.
If Compliance OK
Set the Status to Print for Signing. See Step 7 for instructions.
If Compliance NOT OK
If there are any compliance issues found, set the status of the application to
Step 7: Set the applications Status to Print for Signing.
Set the applications Status to Print for Signing. Click Save Changes.
A license permit will be created automatically by the system and emailed to you if all of the following are TRUE
- the Licensing Check is completed
- AND the Compliance Check is completed
- AND the Status is set to Print for Signing
You will then need to print all the documents to go for signing
Step 8: Download and Print all documents
Download all the attachments in the application form and print them
Download a PDF copy of the Online application and print it
Download a copy of the permit that was sent via email and print the attachment (see above)
Download the attached word document which contains the automatically generated License Permit and print this.
Step 9: Send for Signing
Send all the documents for printing by the CEO and the Minister
Step 10: Set Status to Approved
If the application comes back from signing and has been approved, set the Status to Approved. Otherwise set the Status to Rejected and notify the applicant.